Wednesday, June 21, 2006

























Leyla's Prayer In The Difficulty Of Decision
*****************************************************

By Muhammed Fuzuli
(1498-1556)
From The Immortal Love Poem:
"Leyla and Mejnun"
(Excerpts)

O Lord, for the Truth of Perfection,
Found in the Courts of the Great.
For God, Divine in His Goodness,
Consummate in all His Estate.

For Truth of the Prophet Mustafa
With countenance constantly bright,
Whose lustre has given the world
Its all illuminating light:

My body submerge in the ocean of love
For the sake of the truth that was sent from above
To furnish for Moses Thy sweet guidance dear
And urge him to follow the laws of Hizir.

Change now, I beseech Thee, my desolete eve
For glory of Morning my sorrow relieve.
With daybreak of union, bringing the breath
Of love to my spirit now closing in death.

Let not all my woe and affliction bring ill
Let love that is Thine all encompass me still.
'Tis I who have strayed from the path clearly shown,
Exhibit Thy guidance; Thy counsel make known.

For the sake of the guide at Thy hand ever near
Show now the dear pathway that runs straight and clear,
Still letting my heart all its sorrows endure
With those yet approved in a passion still pure.

Like Fuzuli, may Thou my devotion to prayer
Complete and inspire, leaving little to care...

No comments: