Saturday, February 04, 2006

For Other People's Gain

How is it my fault to have a heart this big?
Helping people in need is part of my creed.
In return they stab my heart and relish when it bleeds
What a kind reward of gratutude, what more do I need?

Heart goes out of its way so people it may please
Fulfilled their wishes before mine while Jeopardizing my needs
Now my heart to them is comical and a subject to be teased
Fault not all your acts, but rather my good deeds.

If faith can move a mountain, a heart can move earth
It can even battle providence, but how much is all this worth?
When people see its weakness, they sully it with dirt
If that heart was to be yours, tell me how much would it hurt?

If the kingdom was of kindness, the heart would be the king
All are scoundrels and traitors, the song my heart aches to sing.
For my heart too has a frail spot that suffers when in pain
Foolish heart swallowed its pride, Just for other people's gain.

No comments: