Monday, December 12, 2005

'A Native American Prayer'

(Chief Gray Bear)

Oh great spirit,
who sits on high beyond the heavens,
Creator of all life below,
please hear my spirits prayer,
for I seek guidance in a world,
where few can lay claim to eternal peace.

Grant me the vision to see,
beyond tomorrow's horizon,
yet still accept my daily trials,
that must and will be faced to survive.
give me the strength to rise each day,
and breathe the breath of life,
that you have provided me.

Touch my spiritual soul,
so that I may use every moment,
to spread your sacred message of,
love and peace for all mankind.
I ask only the privilege,
to speak my native tongue,
and learn the ways of my people,
from generations of old.

Help me to understand and accept,
that we are of one body.
let the trails that bore,
my ancestors blood and tears,
and the chains that bound,
their freedom serve as reminders to all,
of our hate and savagery against one another,
and ensure its trust that we as a people,
choose never to repeat such ignorance.

Grant mother earth the strength to endure,
all injustices that have been placed upon her,
and cleanse her red clay body to renew,
her growth for new generations to thrive.
shelter, clothe, and feed us,
for all owe you their daily prayers.

Guide my feet down the passage of forgiveness,
of those who have severed my tribal ties,
and help me to bind them once more.

Teach this child, oh great one,
the true lesson of life,
Its sacred message of love,
to spread freely beyond self,
and among my brothers and sisters,
throughtout the duration,
of my earthly existence.

Embrace my mind and grant me,
the wisdom to seek and receive,
my ancestral birthright.

May your morning sun,
awaken this weary body,
and your night moon,
allow it to meditate and rest.

May your spirit continue,
to heal and instill within me,
the meaning of this prayer,
and trust that I use it ,
to serve you well.

No comments: