Saturday, December 24, 2005

'Bush Quotes'

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."
--at the president's economic forum in Waco, Tx., Aug 13, 2002--

"we both use colgate toothpaste."
--after a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair,
Camp David, Md., Feb. 23, 2001--

"I glance at the headlines Just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves."
--Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003--

"I'm the commander-see, I don't need to explain-I do not need to explain why I say things.
That's the interesting thing about being president."
--as quoted in Bob Woodward's 'Bush at war'--

"do you have blacks, too?"
--to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001--

"It's white."
--after being asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001--

"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the Joy of Hanukkah."
--at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001--

"we need to counter the shocwave of the evildoer by having individual rate cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates."
--Washington, D.C., Oct. 4, 2001--

"the most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
--Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001--

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
--Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002--

"I Just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."
--Washington, D.C., June 18, 2002--

"we found the weapons of mass destruction. we found biological laboratories...and we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them."
--Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003--

"those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!"
--Joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq.
Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004--

"I wish you'd given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't-You Just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
--after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made.
Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004--

"I'm the master of low expectations."
--aboard air force one, June 4, 2003--

No comments: